Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Kick the Puppy Review

Got your attention? No, no puppies were kicked. Don't kick puppies- they're too little and cute.

But I come from a family of weirdos and nutballs and we have a phrase called "Kicking the Puppy". It's what we call things we do or say that are so out of sync with the rest of the world that, when you do or say them, people look at you like you kicked a puppy. So a "Kick the Puppy" review is when I know I'm going against popular opinion about a book. Like I can't finish The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Just don't think it's all that special, seems very average to me, but when I say that...

So, if a review is tagged "Kick the Puppy" and it's a book that you dearly love, then it's my signal it's okay to not read the review. Or to read the review and know that someone else shares your unpopular (maybe hated) opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, and I'm totally stealing it! People look at me a bit cross-eyed all the time when I give my opinion on books, or give recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...